We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
You will work as part of the Systems Intelligence Centre of Excellence, a group dedicated to Xylem’s Cloud Platform and Connectivity, accelerating and expanding our IIOT technology solutions, enabling all water assets to be digitally connected across the globe.
This position can be located in UK, The Netherlands, Sweden or Finland.
- Experienced Scrum Master who will exhibit agile leadership and a deep understanding of what it means to conduct oneself as a servant leader.
- Client implementation experience a plus.
- Project management expertise required.
- Strong attention to detail, be highly organized with experience managing project schedules and budgets.
- Creates, maintains, and manages all facets of the projects assigned including things such as; day to day project management, weekly project team meetings, sprint planning, stakeholder management, risk management, resources allocation, project reporting and budget management and alignment, and organizational change management.
- Actively builds and works with cross-functional teams, and coordinate across departments to motivate project team members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines.
- Responsible for overall risk management as it relates to the project and the decisions made regarding system selection and implementation.
- Actively seeks methods to enhance overall efficiency and performance. This can mean taking a more active role in day-to-day work within the project lifecycle such as Jira task prioritization or identifying cost-saving opportunities or business process changes at the organizational level.
- Communicates between team members and departments during the project lifecycle to present findings to stakeholders.
- Keeps open lines of communication with all clients to ensure that expectations are set development and delivery schedules are in line with both team’s needs.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution while also getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitates and implements appropriate dashboards and tracking of all work.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
To be successful in this environment and realise your potential you will need to have:
- BA or BS in a technological discipline; MBA or equivalent technical degree preferred.
- Certifications required: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Scrum Master & Project Management experience combined.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability communicate effectively, orally, in writing and presentation.
- Jira Studio
- MS Project
- Project Financial Accounting
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate independently and apply strategic thinking with technical depth.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with staff/contractors/consultants/vendors.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Skilled and knowledgeable at servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Understanding of various agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problems solving.
- Utilizes a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
About our team
- Highly self-motivated
- Creative with hands-on problem solving and analytical abilities
- Have strong customer facing skills
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
- Have effective listening, communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Be a team player
Location flexible – package dependant on agreed location.