Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
What will you do?
The Project Manager position offers the opportunity to join Xylem’s Digital Transformations driven, contrarian, creative experts in their endeavor to use high tech tools to solve age-old infrastructure problems. You will lead complex projects both in the Netherlands (mainly) and further in the world using your expert project management skills, technical knowledge, and your passion for client success. You will plan and maintain project schedules, identify and mitigate risks, and communicate goals and results with project stakeholders.
Xylem’s Digital Transformations team is hyper-focused on the use of big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of things to implement Intelligent Urban Water solutions, primarily for water utilities. Xylem’s Digital Transformations team has clients worldwide. Xylem’s Digital Transformations team is seeking to disrupt the status quo and drastically advance the water industry. Xylem’s Digital Transformations’ mission is to help utilities save money and save the planet by dynamically managing water and wastewater infrastructure.
What are your essential duties/principal responsibilities?
- Work with team members to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and on-scope.
- Maintain project management tools for project tracking, billing, and projections.
- Serve as technical interface with clients, business managers and commercial teams and provide direction to the engineering team. Coordinate activities with engineers in other disciplines (environmental, civil, electrical, and software)
- Present optimization concepts to utility managers.
- Make complex, cutting-edge ideas understandable and exciting to utility managers.
What do wo ask from you for this position?
- Graduation from a four-year university with a major in engineering, or related field.
- A certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer issued by the local state/country authority a plus (or the ability to obtain in 12 months).
- 5+ years of experience in working with utilities at planning and operation management levels.
- Excellent command of Dutch language (written and spoken): native speaker preferred
- Must have education/experience and accountability for cost control and profit targets and managing a project budget.
- Experience with developing and managing programs, scheduling and implementation with ability to plan, assign, direct and coordinate a variety of functional specialties with overlapping work areas a plus.
- Experience with managing engineers, suppliers, and sub-contractors a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus.
- Organized, disciplined and focused approach to project management.
- Ability to bring structure to a project while incorporating creativity into the final solution.
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and charismatic attitude.
- Excellent communication skills to express complex ideas to professionally diverse audiences.
- Exposure to different approaches to project management.
- Experience with taking ideas from concept through to implementation.
- Passion for Client Success
Some additional information for you:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Must be able to travel as required up to 30%